Editor and proofreader
for native and non-native speakers of English since 1991.
Editor and proofreader of academic and scientific texts since 1991.
Extensive professional experience working with texts in education, applied mechanics, materials engineering, environmental engineering, biomedical engineering and industrial management engineering since 2005.
Post-graduate degrees in Linguistics. Primary specializations in psycholinguistics, discourse analysis and syntax; secondary specializations in cognitive science, cognitive psychology and language acquisition.
Révision & Relecture
Editing and proofreading are related but distinct services. Read below to see which service you need.
When I edit your work, I take the content you’ve already created in English and help you modify it so you are able to communicate your message to your intended audience clearly and effectively. Editing requires significant changes to your writing in terms of grammar, vocabulary and structure, and organization. Editing also includes making sure your spelling, punctuation and formatting are correct and consistent. Most writers who are not native speakers of English require editing.
This service is for people who write with native or near-native proficiency in English. When I proofread your documents, I “polish” them by making sure the spelling, punctuation and formatting are correct and consistent before you let them loose in the world. I also proofread the work of other translators.
Here are some examples of texts I’ve edited/proofread, arranged by field:
- articles on haptic drilling devices
- institutional presentation for a biomedical engineering company
- a paper on patient-specific abdominal aortic aneurism models
- haptic pedals for surgery
- a PhD thesis on drug delivery and scaffold degradation
- an article on usability engineering for mobile applications
- an article on a BLearning platform
- an article on teacher identity
Electric & Electronic Engineering
- a book on power amplifiers
- a series of papers on bidirectional series-resonant DC/DC converters
- a PhD thesis on a novel control solution for ATADs
- a conference presentation on eco-efficient sewage treatment plant layouts
-a paper on optimizing the control and operation of aeration systems in wastewater treatment plants
- a paper on high-solids anaerobic digestion-composting and composting
- a PhD thesis on scheduling in manufacturing plants
- an article on demand-oriented production systems and Six Sigma
- a paper on EFQM and information capability
- an article on part feeding in mixed-model assembly lines
- an article on teamwork effectiveness in healthcare and manufacturing
- an article on continuous improvement assessment
- conference abstract on assessment measures for learners of Spanish in a study abroad context
- an article on phase transformation in Nb-Mo microalloyed steels
- a chapter on the rolling process
- an article on Nb-Mo microalloyed steel toughness
- an article on torsion tests and softening and recrystallization
- a book on prototyping
- a PhD thesis on railway vehicle validation
- an article on modeling a specific task for a real-time training simulator
- an article on the geometry of masonry arch bridges.
For more information or a quote, please visit the contact page.